15th Jul 2019
Vattikuti International Outcomes Research Fellowship in Urology
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS!
Institution: Clinical Outcomes Research Establishment (CORE), Vattikuti Urology Institute, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Duration: 1 year (Strictly for the duration of the Fellowship) starting date to be determined.
Essential: M.Ch. (Urology) or any other equivalent urology specialty degree recognized by the Medical Council of India. Candidates with post training experience would be preferred. The applicant must provide the evidence of a high academic and research background. Preference would be given to a young faculty member/consultant working in a recognized institution and desirous of learning large data base management, clinical and outcomes research in the field of urological cancers.
Emoluments: To match with the Vattikuti Urology Institute, Henry Ford Hospital Fellowship profile.
Desirable: High level of computing and database management skills, background in statistics and a track record of publications in high impact journals.
Please note: This is a highly competitive program. By applying, you certify that you are willing and legally able to relocate to Detroit, Michigan, USA. All international visas and health documents are the responsibility of the Fellow.
Entries must include:
1) A cover letter explaining why the applicant should be considered, as well as their reasons for applying. Spelling and grammar count, one page minimum. Make this a top priority!
2) A current CV / Resume. Please include: PubMed listed publications; robotic surgery training certificates (if any); awards in Medicine (Gold, 1st, 2nd...). Do not include things like sports or drama awards.
3) Accurate personal information: FULL NAME, current address; e-mail address; telephone, current job title and institution; hometown information. A photo is appreciated.
4) Letters of recommendation from your professors, colleagues or department head (one minimum, more suggested).
5) Affidavit from your current Institution providing you with confirmation of release from your duties within 30-days, should you be selected as a Vattikuti International Fellow.
Your e-mail does not serve as a cover letter. All entry documents must be clearly identified at the top with the applicant's full name and email. All Awards, Publications and achievements count! Make your application the best it can be!
NOTE: Plagiarized applications will be rejected; HOD’s, current Institution officials will be notified!
Applicants must be prepared to join Fellowships within reasonable time after notice of selection. Actual starting date will be coordinated with the Foundation, Sponsor Institution & Fellowship Director (and US immigration authorities).
Fellowship applications must be e-mailed to: email@example.com no later than Monday, August 12, 2019. Late or incomplete entries will be discarded.
Please do not contact or apply to the institutions or surgeons directly.
Deadline: All applications must be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than MONDAY, AUGUST 12, 2019.
About the Vattikuti Foundation Fellowships:
The Vattikuti Foundation (VF) is a charitable organization established by Raj and Padma Vattikuti to advance the treatment of Cancers. The Foundation’s flagship institute, the Vattikuti Urology Institute at Henry Ford Hospital, under Founding Director Dr. Mani Menon has been recognized as the pioneering institution of robotic surgery. Since its establishment, the Vattikuti Foundation has consistently invested significant resources in advancing the cause of computer-assisted surgery. The VF has played a crucial role in establishing robotic surgery in India. Its mission involves high quality training of surgeons through its supported network of institutions in India, United States, Europe and United Kingdom. Global collaborative initiatives have been established to develop surgical innovations. Another Vattikuti Foundation accomplishment has been to maintain high quality robotic procedure patient outcomes data from multiple global partners to support scientific journal research.
Dr. Mahendra Bhandari
CEO, Vattikuti Foundation
(Inquiries may be directed to: email@example.com)