19th Sep 2018
Marseille, France (UroToday.com) Dr. Van der Poel provided an overview of the ERUS education working group and its current endeavors.
To become an ERUS training center, there are several mandatory criteria:
- The center must have at least two robotic surgeons with extended experience (>250 cases performed in total + 100 robotic radical prostatectomy procedures performed in the last year)
- Solid scientific and practical experience in the urological robotic field is required. At least three peer-reviewed reports on robotic surgery have appeared in the last five years from the center
- The host center commits to train properly and allow the trainee access to the robot. They should be able to perform several urological procedures robotically in a high-volume setting.
- Be able to offer the participants the possibility of robotic dry lab/simulator
- No fee is to be asked by this center to train the fellow
- The host centers are willing to collaborate with ERUS and to join future prospective multicenter studies organized by ERUS.
Please use the "Read more" Link below to access the complete UroToday.com report.